Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Going for Gold

WOW!! I just spent the last two weeks watching the Olympics and boy do I feel inspired! When I think about how hard and dedicated all of the athletes have to be, not just to win gold, but to even make it to the Olympics, I'm astounded. As a semi-retiree, I have a tendency, as I've noted in an earlier post, to let my time slip away. Dont' get me wrong, living life at a relaxed pace can be a very healthy option. But here are two things you will always see if you read books on how to have a succesful retirement. One is to keep as healthy as possible and the other is to lead a meaningful life.

I think we boomers in the retirement zone could all learn a great deal from these (mostly) young athletes about how to do just that. Perhaps my new motto will be "Going for Gold", and I'm not talking about medals here. I'm talking about living my life in such a way that I'm always striving to learn, keep fit, participate, connect, challenge myself and essentially live a life that is full and satisfying. If this leads to even a little bit of that JOY that poured out of the TV screen during the past two weeks, I'd be a happy woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment