Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Classic retirement

Just got back from a business trip to Vancouver; my retired husband joined me since he has brothers who live out there. My husband is a classic retiree, by that I mean that once he retired from his fulltime job, he had no desire to work again. He plays music, takes photos and then plays with them endlessly on photoshop, keeps fit by playing squash several times a week, golfs in the summer, reads extensively about what's going on in the world, and basically just does each day what he wants to do.

He likes life in retirement. In fact, when I say let's take a vacation, he says, "What for?" As far as he is concerned he is on a permanent vacation! While many boomers say when surveyed that they are going to both retire and work (at least part time), I'm sure there will still be many who decide to become full time retirees just like my husband. It certainly seems to be one strategy that can work since he is both healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment